SoulSongs from Saskatchewan

Pets, Dogs, Cats, German Shepherds, Social Justice, Ramblings, Rhetoric, Hearts and Heartbreaks, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Politics, Radio Talk Shows

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Peter Warren... Where have you gone?


Saturday, March 11, 2006

Ah Peter... Where have you gone?

It's Saturday, but there is something missing...

For years one of the high points of my weekends was listening to the Peter Warren Show - no matter where I was... and now he's gone.

Last weekend was the end of decades of broadcasting for Peter, and his loss is going to leave a huge gap in the hearts of many of his long time loyal listeners hearts, including mine.He is a prince - a powerful voice against injustice, a no-nonsense investigator whose tenacious and unrelenting grip on controversial topics that many others would not dare to tackle, has managed to eventually bring about the justice so deserved. He is a pitbull for the truth, never letting go until he got to the bottom of the issues and exposes the truth... no matter how disturbing, or how gritty it may be.

And now he's gone from the airwaves. I just hope he is not gone for good.

Even while I am lamenting his loss, I have to chide myself a bit for being so selfish.

Peter may be off the air, but he will still be 'out there', still fighting to make sure that wrongs are made right, still advocating for the 'underdogs', the 'put upon', the wrongly accused...

I guess maybe I'm a wee bit jealous. I was okay with sharing him with the multitudes, listening intently to his insightful, probing discussions, applauding him when he called a spade a spade, or feeling the empathy he exuded toward victims of horrific crimes, his outrage at the injustices that 'Joe Public' are subjected to...

God I'll miss you Peter!

I just have to believe that he will keep us posted from time to time about what he's up to, and keep us abreast of the various wrong's he will continue to right.

God Bless you Peter!

You are my hero!

SoulSongs