SoulSongs from Saskatchewan

Pets, Dogs, Cats, German Shepherds, Social Justice, Ramblings, Rhetoric, Hearts and Heartbreaks, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Politics, Radio Talk Shows

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Forever Friends...


Remember me, as I once was,
Young, intrepid, and free.
Try to forget the wretched wreck
That is what has now become of me.

Life has slowly stripped away the flesh
That bound my bones much like a mesh
All that is left now is withered and dry
And SoulSongs has no more tears left to cry.

Halcyon days that nearly were
Passed by long ago, lost somewhere in a blur.
Oh why? My broken heart implores,
Why should I suffer this wretched life anymore?

Someday, if by chance your thoughts,
Lead you wandering through your memories long lost,
Make sure that the memories of your old friend
Show SoulSongs smiling and happy again.

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Innocence and harmony long ago deserted me… and left behind this hollow shell.
Somewhere inside still, the soul exists… hidden far away from this endless living hell.

Copyright © 2001 – 2006 Soul♀Songs
All Rights Reserved.